UGJ Summer Course
2020 UGJ Interdisciplinary Summer Course
August 03 – 17, 2020
Introduction of UGJ Interdisciplinary Summer Course
UGJ Interdisciplinary Summer Course is an academic and cultural immersion program intended to provide international students with opportunities to learn about the social, health service system, education, agricultural, engineering, economic, and political system of Indonesia and to experience the unique and diverse culture of the country. The program is a strategic implementation of UGJ’s vision to participate in the global landscape of academia through promoting the culture of Indonesia to the global audiences and strengthening the strategic partnership between UGJ and overseas higher education institutions. Universitas Swadaya Gunung Jati (UGJ) offer 5 (five) full funding scholarship and subsidized packages for students from universities all over the world to participate in the program.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents through: ugj.ac.id or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline online application: June 08, 2020
- Selection and online interview by the University: June 11-15, 2020
- Announcement: June 20, 2020
- Attendance confirmation: June 29, 2020
- Final nnnouncement: July 05, 2020
- Program: August 03-17, 2020
- Attending lecture sessions about Indonesian social, education, health service system, agricultural, engineering, economic, political, and culture delivered by UGJ’s expert professors;
- Fieldtrips to a local farm, schools, historic places, buildings, and monuments, and traditional communities guided by professional instructors;
- Learning Indonesian culture: traditional dances, music, clothes, and food facilitated by professional instructors; and
- Learning Indonesian language through attending classes and international conversation partner program.
Free : Five selected students from collaboration university (first category)
USD 135 : Student from collaboration university (second category)
USD 200 : Student from non-collaboration university (third category)
- First category: Full funding package for 5 (Five) students from overseas universities that have a partnership tie with Universitas Swadaya Gunung Jati (UGJ). If more than five students apply, the committee will conduct a selection process. Committee will only select one student from one university in five different countries. Thus, the five selected students will represent five different countries. UGJ will provide roundtrip economic airfare, accommodation, and a small amount of stipend for students in this category;
- Second category: Subsidized package A. This package is intended for students from overseas universities that have a partnership with UGJ who fail to secure the full funding package. The selected students for this category will only pay USD135 to participate in the program. However, they are responsible for purchasing an airline ticket, paying accommodation, and providing money for two weeks staying in Indonesia; and
- Third category: Subsidized package B: This package is intended for all other students from any overseas universities. The students will pay USD200 to participate in the program. They are also responsible for purchasing an airline ticket, paying accommodation, and providing money for two weeks staying in Indonesia.
- UGJ will not provide airfare itinerary, accommodation, and stipend for students in the second and third category;
- UGJ will not provide funding for the Indonesian Visa application process and other fees that are not included in the funding package above.
- Universitas Swadaya Gunung Jati (UGJ) will provide information about accommodation options.
- Expert Lectures from UGJ
- Class discussions with students from partner universities
- Experience to stay with local communities
- Social, leisure activities and cultural events
- Goodie bag, program kits, t-shirt, special souvenir from Cirebon
- Two coffee breaks and one lunch box per day
- City car for supporting program
- Student legal permit arrangement will be supported by Office of International Affairs (OIA-UGJ)
- Foreign students from the universities all over the world
- Minimum age 18 years and not older than 27 years old
- Abble to communicate in English (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL-ITP min. 450/TOEIC min.675/IELTS min. 6.0)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have good interest to learn about linterdiscipilnary, language, art and culture
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical Certificate
- Passport valid at least 24 months from registration
- Language certificate (TOEFL-ITP min. 450/TOEIC min. 675/IELTS min. 5.5)
- Recommendation letter from International Office from university on official letter head and signature (in English)
- Essay about the purpose of joint this program (in English maximum 500 words)
- Recent photograph
Note: all required documents must be sent in one pdf file with max. size 10 Mb
Download the program leaflet: download leaflet in PDF
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us
Office of International Affairs (OIA-)UGJ
Contact person : +62 852 0073 2727 (Lia)
Are you ready for the upcoming course?
Come join 2 weeks program for once in a life time opportunities!